What you’ll learn
Learn to build and launch modern websites online
How a website works
How to set up your computer to code
Responsive web design (how to build a website that works on desktop and mobile)
Host your website at a live domain
Build a website with a front-end and a back-end
Add unique fonts
Build a sliding menu
Send data in JSON format
Work with Node JS packages
Implement reusable components
No prior programming experience is required. I explain how to set up your computer to write code, and I explain the code itself beginning with the basics.
Any computer works – macOS, Windows, or Linux
You don’t need to buy any software (we will use the best free code editor in the world)
Did you see the simple, clean portfolio website in the introduction video?
What if you knew how to code and design a website juke that one completely from scratch? Wouldn’t that be amazing?
That’s where I come in. I’m here to teach you
step-by-step so you can
build that website and more
What if you want to build a completely different website – maybe for a client or a personal venture? No problem! This course will teach you
to build clean, simple websites at the drop of a hat and host them online.
I studied computer science at university, learning to code countless algorithms and data structures, which is extremely intellectually rigorous, and I can still say learning to build and launch
in less than a few hours is the single most empowering skill that I’ve learned as a developer.
To become an empowered web developer who is capable of building websites in the future, these are the skills this course will help you master:
- Setting up your computer to code
Setting up a website project with a
that users will see and a
for processing data
- HTML fundamentals
- CSS fundamentals
- Styling for desktop, mobile, and varying screen sizes
- Launching your website live online through Google Cloud hosting (one the most professional ways to host your website files online)
- Adding images
- Adding unique fonts
- Adding icons
- Building a sliding menu
- CSS animations for added design
- Input forms for collecting user input data
- Sending data from the back end to the front end as JSON
- Working with Node.js packages (very valuable skill)
- Building reusable components, so you don’t retype the same code more than once (good developer practices)
- All the skills necessary to interpret your learning and build your websites
Are you ready to begin or do you want to know more? If you need more reasons to learn to build websites, then read on…
Building websites allows you to do creative work from anywhere in the world, and with improvements in skill, it can become a lucrative career.
are the most
functional and modern languages to learn
if you want to become a web developer.
This course will take you from knowing nothing about computer science to building and launching your very own website in under 6 hours. After seven years of coding, I designed a course that I think is the most useful, practical, and simple introduction to learning how to code.
2) Why should you choose this course?
Reason #1: You’ll learn by building a portfolio website
a portfolio website
By the end of the course, you’ll have a live portfolio website where you can showcase your work as a web developer, designer, photographer, product manager, painter, or any other theme you can think of! You can change the fonts and text to fit your style and have something tangible to show to the world.
Reason #2: I’m the right teacher for you
I struggled A LOT when I was learning to code. I am not the smartest person on Earth. For that reason, I explain things
simply and carefully
. I am good at explaining things in a way that
anyone can understand
. Coding is hard! Debugging (solving errors in your code) can be frustrating and take tons of hours of Googling! I empathize with my students because I was there once too, learning to code just like you.
I have a bachelor’s degree from Brown University in Computer Science and Visual Art. I’ve worked as a software engineer and as a user experience designer for over seven years.
Learning to easily build websites has been one of the biggest breakthroughs I’ve made as a developer, so I want to share that knowledge in an accessible format with new developers.
3) This course is for you if…
- … you’re a complete beginner and you want to learn to build websites
- … you already checked out some free resources online on HTML and CSS, but you’re struggling to build a full website with best practices and launch it live
- … you are a professional who is tired of Squarespace, Wix, and other web builder tools and want to easily and simply build a website yourself from scratch
- … you’re an aspiring software engineer and you want to take a course that will be a great introduction to coding
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn to build websites and launch them online
- Anyone who is tired of using Squarespace, Wix, and other web builders to build websites and wants to build one from scratch