Learn AKKA – Classical and Typed (new libraries) Actors with Java so you can start building multithreaded concurrent systems right away.
What you’ll learn
Learn AKKA Actors with JAVA
- AKKA actors can be made with Java.
- With AKKA, you can make concurrent and multithreaded apps.
- AKKA’s methods for supervising (failure supervision).
- People who work with both AKKA Classical and AKKA Typed actors can write in the Java DSL.
- AKKA’s unit-testing
- Java knowledge and experience are needed for this job.
- As long as you know a little about concurrent systems and multithreading, you don’t have to know everything, but it might be a good idea.
AKKA is a free and open-source toolkit made in Scala. Running on JVM because Scala is written for the JVM. It is trying to solve the difficult and complicated problem of making concurrent systems.
If you want to use this toolkit, it comes with two DSLs: Scala and Java.
During this class, you will learn about how AKKA actors work and how to build concurrent systems with AKKA and the Java language.
AKKA Actors come in two different forms. They do the same thing but in two different ways.
As far as I can tell, AKKA Classical is the library up until version 2.6. It also includes that version.
– AKKA Typed is the other library that comes with 2.5 as a trial and 2.6 as a full one. It comes with both.
In this class, you’ll learn both ways. We will first see AKKA Classical actors, and then we will see AKKA Typed actors, too.
Java knowledge is needed because this course doesn’t teach you how to use Java. It doesn’t have to be at a high level, but you should be able to make simple apps on your own.
There is no need to know about multithreading and concurrent systems. The course gives a brief introduction to concurrency, threads, multithreading, and parallelism.
It will go over how to scale actors for multithreading after the AKKA Actors module is taught. You will learn about all possible routes.
Following the steps for scaling AKKA Actors, you will learn about how AKKA is supervised and how actors live.
Who this course is for:
- Who wants to get into AKKA Actors quickly?
- Developers and entrepreneurs who want to make smart multithreaded apps quickly.
- They are the people who will be interviewed by AKKA Actors.
- Developers who want to learn how to act like AKKA actors.
- A group of people who want to learn more about AKKA Typed actors.