Docker Mastery: with Kubernetes +Swarm from a Docker Captain
Build, test, and deploy containers with the best mega-course on Docker, Kubernetes, Compose, Swarm and Registry using DevOps
Docker Mastery: with Kubernetes +Swarm from a Docker Captain
What you’ll learn
How to use Docker, Compose, and Kubernetes on your machine for better software building and testing.
Learn Docker and Kubernetes official tools from an award-winning Docker Captain!
Learn faster with included live chat group (50,000 members!) and monthly live Q&A.
Gain the skills to build development environments with your code running in containers.
Build Swarm and Kubernetes clusters for server deployments!
Setup GitHub Actions to auto-build your images and scan for security vulnerabilities
Hand’s-on with best practices for making Dockerfiles and Composing files like a Pro!
Build and publish your custom images.
Create your custom image registry to store your apps and deploy them in corporate environments.
No paid software is required – Just install your favorite text editor and browser!
Local admin access to install Docker for Mac/Windows/Linux.
Understand terminal or command prompt basics.
Linux basics like shells, SSH, and package managers.
Know the basics of creating a server in the cloud (on any provider).
Understand the basics of web and database servers. (how they typically communicate, IPs, ports, etc.)
Know the basics of Git and GitHub for accessing course materials.
New CI examples with 18 lectures showing you how to automate Docker and Kubernetes in GitHub Actions, including vulnerability scanning, advanced image building, multi-platform builds, and more.
Refreshed install and config videos, and more support for Apple Silicon (M1 arm64) and Raspberry Pis!
Be ready for the Dockerized future with the number ONE Docker + Kubernetes mega-course on Udemy
. Welcome to the most
complete and up-to-date
course for learning and using containers end-to-end, from development and testing to server deployments and production.
Taught by an award-winning Docker Captain and DevOps consultant.
Just starting with Docker?
Perfect. This course starts out assuming you’re new to containers.
Or: Using Docker now and need to deal with real-world problems?
I’m here for you! See my production topics around Swarm, Kubernetes, secrets, logging, rolling upgrades, and more.
This course comes with Slack Chat, Discord Chat server, and live monthly YouTube Q&As with me!
“I’ve followed another course on (Udemy). This one is a million times more in-depth.” “…when it comes to all the docker stuff, this is the course you’re gonna want to take” – Student Udemy Review
Why should you learn from me? Why trust me to teach you the
ways to use Docker?
(Hi, I’m Bret, please allow me to talk about myself for a sec):
I’m A Practitioner. Welcome to the real world:
I’ve got 20 years of sysadmin and developer experience, and over 30 certifications, and have been using Docker and the container ecosystem for my consulting clients and my own companies since Docker’s early days.
Learn from someone who’s run hundreds of containers across dozens of projects and organizations
I’m An Educator. Learn from someone who knows how to make a syllabus:
I want to help you. People say I’m good at it. For the last few years,
I’ve trained thousands of people on using Docker in workshops, conferences, and meetups. See me teach at events like DockerCon, O’Reilly Velocity, GOTO Conf, and Linux Open Source Summit
. I hope you’ll decide to learn with me and join the fantastic online Docker community.
I Lead Communities.
Also, I’m a Docker Captain, meaning that
Docker Inc. thinks I know a thing or two about Docker and that I do well in sharing it with others
. In the real world: I help run two local meetups in our fabulous tech community in Norfolk/Virginia Beach USA. I help online: usually in Slack, Discord, and Twitter, where I learn from and help others.
Giving Back: a portion of my profit on this course will be donated to supporting open source and protecting our freedoms online!
This course is only made possible by the amazing people creating open source. I’m standing on the shoulders of (open source) giants! Donations will be split between my favorite charities including the Electronic Frontier Foundation and Free Software Foundation. Look them up. They’re awesome!
This is a living course and will be updated as Docker and Kubernetes feature change.
This course is designed to be fast at getting you started but also get you deep into the “why” of things. Simply the fastest and best way to learn the latest container skills. Look at the scope of topics in the Session and see the breadth of skills you will learn.
Also included are Slack and Discord servers with 50k+ students for getting help with this course
and continuing your Docker and DevOps learning with help from myself and other students.
“Bret’s course is a level above all of those resources, and if you’re struggling to get a handle on Docker, this is the resource you need to invest in.” – Austin Tindle, Course Student
Some of the many cool things you’ll do in this course:
- Edit web code on your machine while it’s served up in a container
- Lock down your apps in private networks that only expose necessary ports
- Create a 3-node Swarm cluster in the cloud
- Install Kubernetes and learn the leading server cluster tools
- Use Virtual IPs for built-in load balancing in your cluster
- Optimize your Dockerfiles for faster building and tiny deploys
- Build/Publish your custom application images
- Learn the differences between Kubernetes and Swarm
- Create your image registry
- Use Swarm Secrets to encrypt your environment configs, even on disk
- Deploy container updates in a rolling always-up design
- Create the config utopia of a single set of YAML files for local dev, CI testing, and prod cluster deploys
- And so much more…
After taking this course, you’ll be able to:
- Use Docker in your daily developer and/or sysadmin roles
- Deploy apps to Kubernetes
- Make Dockerfiles and Compose files
- Build multi-node Swarm clusters and deploy H/A containers
- Make Kubernetes YAML manifests and deploy using infrastructure-as-code methods
- Build a workflow of using Docker in dev, then test/CI, then production with YAML
- Protect your keys, TLS certificates, and passwords with encrypted secrets
- Keep your Dockerfiles and images small, efficient, and fast
- Run apps in Docker, Swarm, and Kubernetes and understand the pros/cons of each
- Develop locally while your code runs in a container
- Protect important persistent data in volumes and bind mounts
- Lead your team into the future with the latest Docker container skills!
Extra things that come with this course:
- Access to the course Slack team, for getting help/advice from me and other students.
- Bonus videos I put elsewhere like YouTube, linked to this course’s resources.
- Join me on weekly DevOps Live streams and demos on YouTube Live.
- Tons of reference links to supplement this content.
- Updates to content as Docker changes their features on these topics.
Who this course is for:
- Software developers, sysadmins, IT pros, and operators at any skill level.
- Anyone who makes, deploys, or operates software on servers.